There are plenty of cosmetic procedures available to keep people looking young and refreshed. Several people regularly turn to plastic surgery or Botox to maintain their appearance, but a new trend in cosmetic procedure is a Brazilian Butt Lift. Often referred to as a BBL, this procedure is a buttocks augmentation surgery used to help address sagging, flat, or asymmetric buttocks.
In this invasive procedure liposuction is used to remove fat from other areas of the body and inject it in the buttocks and outer hips. Many people chose to have a BBL because it is often considered the more natural way to augment the buttocks compared to traditional butt implants.
Typically, about 60% of the fat that is moved to your buttocks will remain. Because the buttocks have natural fat that was taken from other areas in your body, the remaining 40% will get reabsorbed by your body. It is also important to remember that because the augmentation was performed with actual fat, the fat cells will continue to behave as normal fat cells throughout your body. This means that the augmentation will still be susceptible to weight gain and loss. This can alter the appearance of your Brazilian Butt Lift. It is always recommended to try to maintain your normal weight after the procedure to keep your buttocks looking their best.
Ultimately, it is up to the individual person to determine if a BBL is right for him or her. The most important factor is whether or not you are in good health. A candidate for this surgery must also be close to his or her ideal weight and must also have enough fat available to displace to the buttocks. Often, if a candidate for surgery does not have enough fat he or she will be asked to gain 10-15 pounds prior to surgery.
If you’re interested in a Brazilian Butt Lift, contact the team at Uptown Body Contouring today.
Posted on behalf of
128 Central Park S
New York, NY 10019
Phone: (212) 858-0500
Monday & Tuesday 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM
Wednesday & Thursday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM